Friday, October 10, 2008

Aloha IV

It’s Friday evening and it is really great weather here in Kona – warm with light winds and the sun has been hiding.

The last couple of days have been really hazy and if this holds and the winds stay light as they are forecast then look for some BLAZING fast times from the Pro Men.

Unless the winds come up, I would bet on a Macca versus Alexander showdown on the run. I would love to see Chris Lieto or Norman get in the mix but unless the bike course is hard, I would guess they won’t get enough of an advantage to hold off the runners.

The woman’s race is being considered by everyone as sure bet for a Wellington win and a quote from Norman, It’s going to be a long way back to 2nd place woman.

So, that’s about it.

All the bikes are turned in, the bags checked (actually rechecked 4 times – good boy Howard:)) and now it just chill time.

The prep is done… only thing I am not looking forward to is eating the worst meal of the year – Ironman Breakfast :)


So, I will close with this…

I am sure tomorrow will bring challenges and I am looking forward to the test.

This has been a goal of mine from my days at Lawrence High School Swimming and it is great to finally be here.

That being said, I would trade all of the excitement that tomorrow will undoubtedly bring for the most special time I have had in LONG TIME…I got to share an INCREDIBLE tide pool walk…hand in hand….with my little big man…

IMG_5455

I hope the finish line will be great – but C-bone has made my trip perfect…already…and I am content :)



Aloha