Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Meaning of Life and other simple things :)






It has been a really long time since I have written anything of substance for this Blog and I have been really wanting to put fingers to keys for a few weeks now.


When I log out of my Training Peaks account the page automatically resets to the VMS Blog page.


For the last 8-9 months, I have been greeted by the smiling face of Don Packard finishing in Hawaii last year. It’s not that I don’t like that picture I do…but…9 months…sorry Don…you been replaced :) 


So, after a 9 month break…how do I want to reenter the digital noise?


I thought of writing a piece on training, racing, some eccentric metric which only 2 or 3 people would even understand but I am not going to do that. 


Instead I want to write about something simple…something very VERY simple…yup…the meaning of life. :)  


Seriously, I think this maybe a MUCH smaller and simpler concept than most people would think. 









What is the meaning of life??? 


To be happy…and maybe…more importantly…to make others happy…that’s it. 


Call it Joy, Love, Bliss, Hope, Faith, Charity, Caring, Compassion…call it whatever you want…almost all of these relate to the same to me…Happiness… 




I know many of you are probably thinking, “I wonder what is wrong with him”…no…I don’t have a terminal illness and there was no life changing event. 


I did summer school with a really great teacher who took this student to a new level. I just had a chance to spend some really quality time with people I love and I realized that I am very happy…and hopefully I made them happy too… 




That’s all…you now know the meaning of life…welcome back :) 

Next Blog will be on heat management as it relates to ideal hydration volume and I will still be happy writing that…I know…I am a geek…a happy Geek. :)

No comments: